Tuesday, December 30, 2008

31 Weeks


It's been 31 weeks and very soon we'll be able to see the littleone in our arms! I've just attended my prenantal consultation yesterday and everything seems fine. BB is growing healthily and is now 1.8kg ( she was 1.2kg since my last visit 1 month ago). Am so glad that I've only put on 0.5kg! Total weight gain for me at this stage is approx 10kg. Not that bad huh. Hopefully the baby would not be too large to handle at point of delivery. Couldn't imagine how my mum went through labour at her last trimester and finally giving birth to 9 pounder babies - both me and my sis are humongous!


Attached is the ultrasound scan of the baby face she seems a little shy... covered her face with one of her hands but you could tell she is trying to peep with one eye ( see circled portion ). She is now in a vertex position. Hope she'll stay this way for a smooth delivery!

2 comments:

  1. Keep talking to your baby, telling her that you will have a smooth delivery. Your baby loves you and she can feel how you want the delivery to be. So stay positive, tell yourself that everything is gonna be alright. There's nothing to worry about and that should pull you through. I got through a normal delivery without any epidural. You definately can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joewyn! Chris and I are contemplating whether to use epidural or not...I may not be as brave as you are =)but then again the side effects of epi is also putting me off. So we are still quite undecided. Thanks for your encouragement! Having seen how you handled your newborn definitely helps! Will visit again soon =)

    ReplyDelete