Nat is now able to exhibit an obvious recognition of her mummy! The bond between us is getting stronger to the extent that she specifically wants me to carry her each time she cries. (Though I feel elated knowing the fact that I am Nat's favourite, but I don't think over reliance would do her any good and might potentially be an issue once I start work). Chris would say this is first mover's advantage, as I've been the food source since the very beginning and with the maternity leave that was 'bestowed' to only the mums, I am the one who has the privileges of spending the most time with her. I think he is just jealous!=p Work harder daddy I'm sure dada might be her first words since you've been repeating it religiously to her each day =).
At 3 months 3 days old, I must say Nat has developed into such a friendly baby. She proactively smiles and returns the smile to anyone who smiles at her. She gets excited and waves when we look her straight in the eye to talk to her. Her eye-hand coordination has improved tremendously as she begins to understand the concept of play. Amazed with her new found motor skills, she frequently places her salty, smelly mittens into her mouth and enjoys a good suckle. When bored, she'll blow bubbles with her saliva to self-entertain.
We are cultivating the reading habit early. As a start she is attracted to cheery, colourful boardbooks with simple details. Her favourite book is a counting book by Claire Henley - 'In my little blue bed', which counts the no. of toys the little baby has brought along with him to bed. Daddy and I have both concluded that her favourite colours are yellow and bright green cause she coos and waves frantically each time we flip to a page of that colour. Black and white books produced by 'The Children's Project'is also great for pre-speech learning suitable for newborns and above. It introduces simple shapes using black and white contrasts and different materials like tracing, crinkly and shiny paper. Check out www.socialbaby.com to find out more.
It's amazing how quickly babies develop! Am so glad I played a major role!
( Written when Nat is 3 mths 3 days old)
Ooooh so fast time flies!!! U're gg back to work in less than month!!! Sien?
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI was just checking something on the internet and up popped your blog mentioning my book - 'In My Little Blue Bed'. I'm delighted to know that Natalie likes it! In fact there's a pink one for little girls too, and I thought you might like to know what inspired me to write them both. When my daughter was 2 and a half and she moved from her little cot to her BIG bed, she took all her treasured possessions with her and squished them in under the covers (for security I imagine.) When I asked her why, she said, "I'm keeping them there incase I get lonely in the night." She's now 15 and still takes an old toy rabbit to bed! Enjoy your little girl - she looks gorgeous. Claire Henley
oh my goodness! Thanks Claire! It's such a priviledge to have the author leaving a comment on my blog! What a personal touch I must say! And yes I do have the little pink bed version as well!! She has yet had a favourite toy but I'm sure once she is old enough to undestand concept of sleeping independently on her own, Nat would likely bring on all her favourite things in bed.. following mummy's footstep!=)
ReplyDeleteReally appreciate your comments. Nat is one lucky gal! Cheers!