The decision to leave was a tough one, but went ahead anyway... With determination, I finally thrown in the towel. Didn't want to continue w thiS kind of lifestyle anymore. Reach home late, no time for nat, and have a million and one work requiring my equal amt of attention! It was ridiculous, and as a new mum with an energetic and cute toddler whom I really just want to spend time w, am no longer bothered about where I want to be in my career. After all I just want to be the best mummy and the thought itself is already so satisfying!
The resignation - when I thought the most difficult stage was over, explaining decisions.. Think and rethink option .. Overcoming fear of the unknown and moving out feom a firm that I grew up in. Come to think about it . I went through liFe's greatest milestones in that firm. . Marriage and child bearing. Will miSs my demanding clients and colleagus who have treated me with kindnesS and challenges to keep me gainfully employed. I muSt say it was a relieve to finally call it quits and move on to something better.
Anyway back to post resignation, here comes the handover. As both work on different wavelength, communication in itself seems difficult. On one hand I wanted to provide her with all the info, nuances etc. But it frustrates me when she can't remember a single thing that I say! Eg walked org chart and she can't rememBer what the abbreviation meant the next day! Irritates the hell out of me when we spent so much time running through an issue and she still could forget or didn't pay attention .. However I must say process wise she does have her strengths.
Saying goodbye - this was the hardest! And most emotionally intense! Went round saying bye and getting hugs from people u know so well and saw them grow! The sadness was unbearable odf not For the final handoverS that took the distractions away I may have cried a thousand rivers.. Ok a bit of exaggeration "). Left the building at 8iSh -my last and final overtime for the firm of 6 yrs!
Post departure- My Phone kept ranging on the first week as she didn't remove the diversion after multiple reminders. So I Felt like an operator for a bit and totally ignored all calls from office after a while. . ( I thought those were genuinely mine! People who missed me or needed urgent help... But it turned out to be all divertd calls!)
Definitely missed the friendly staff and lovely colleagues . . But based on how things are looking at home .. It was not a wrong decision. Chris may say it's totally right! As he no longer need to wait long hours along the tiny difficult to park lane as he fears the ever so frequent traffic patrols. Instead he gets picked up by me and still manage to reach home efore 7 pm each day!
Yes it does sound exactly right when both of you can be home by 7pm! Enjoy the new journey :) Time for us to meet!
ReplyDelete