Saturday, January 1, 2011

ipad and nat

The fantastic thing about iPad is the wonderful applications that users are allowed to download. There are so many educational apps to select, and many comes free if you wait long enough or if its the lite version but of course one could always pay or upgrade to a full version if you want instant satisfaction. Nat has a couple of favorite ones and like a savvy iPad user she is able to zap through the applications quickly, flipping the pages with ease after 1 or 2 tries.

However on the flip side it's highly addictive! Last night, I've decided to go cold turkey on her and she cried and cried for half an hour. I couldn't appease her with any other toys. She just wants her iPad! She started with whimpers, trying hard to muffle her cries by using her hand to cover her mouth... I tell you this makes her look so super poor thing that my heart aches as she kept saying 'ipad' between her tears. After 10 mins of whimpering she realized she is not getting her way she decided on performing the full outburst! She cried like she lost her favorite friend! I endured another 20 minutes of this before her daddy came running into the room to find out what's wrong. And you know what.... He gave in immediately to her request! This is what happened:

Nat: pa pa pa pa....
Dad: nat what happened why are you crying?
Nat: no iPad sobs sobs...ma ....sobs....
Dad: so poor thing ...come papa give you some huggies
Dad to mum: why don't you give it to her? We bought the iPad and should maximize it's value right! I don't understand why you must put her through this?
Mum: she is over relying on the iPad and doesn't listen when I say stop. We should just stick to the conventional story books, else she doesn't even wants to read any other books except ebooks.
Dad: you are ridiculous make her suffer like this. I don't understand you. Just give it to her.
Mum: you give it yourself, I told her have ipad no mummy.
Dad: I need to send your mum home...she has been a good girl don't make her cry like this
Mum: you over pampers her!

So I ended up putting her to bed with the iPad that was handed to her by her father.

Hate it when one parent doesn't support the other.

He should not have given in to her tears! And I ended up going against my instructions. All her crying for nothing!

And Chris did not send mum home that night as she wanted to go shopping on her own.

Today I'll let her play with the iPad in the afternoon, a reward for good behavior. So daddy won't have the excuse to say " you never let her play in the day and you never let her play at night. So why buy the iPad? " .... My answer to this has always been.... It's for my blog :) , our entertainment and reward for her goodbehaviour.

Anyway Let's see how long we could endure her cries before the 'filial' father gives in to his princess tonight.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment