Sunday, January 26, 2014

First independent class

The plan is to get him used to going to enrichment classes independently before starting pre nursery, where he is expected to take the transport and go for classes on his own.

Last week he cried when I left him half way. Me: "Did Nathan cry today?"
Nathan: "Other children cry.."
Me: "I see..so Nathan never cry? So brave wah!"
Nathan: "because I want mama and mimi."
*hugs*
Me: "Nathan will be brave next week k."
Natalie: "Yes must be like jie jie. Jie Jie never cry. The teacher will look after you and mama will be outside waiting for you ya. Be brave like jie jie. Ok?"
Such a wonderful and encouraging big sister!!!
Nathan: *pause to think* "because I want mama."
Me: "Let's try next week k!"
*pouts from Nathan*

Today was his first independent class with berries having accompanied him for the past 3 lessons. My departure is not without tears but the past the lessons helped him to familiarise with the teaching staff and classroom environment. Cried and sniffled for a while but settled down rather quickly this round.

I am so proud of you Nathan! At 2 years 4 months you could do more than what mummy and daddy has probably achieved whilst we were young! Keep it up my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment