We've just completed the 5th month detailed scan and baby's gender has been confirmed to be a boy. Gynae wasn't able to confirm the gender at 3rd month scan as the umbilical cords were all over and the genitalia hasn't fully developed, so being the professional doctor she guessed that baby is going to be a girl but mentioned a disclaimer ie only to purchase the pink outfits only after the fifth month scan.
Despite this, I somehow had the inkling that this is going to be a boy since the start of the conception and indeed the mother's premonition is pretty accurate. It wasn't because I wanted a boy, cause gender does not matter to us. We just wanted to increase the family size as we've learnt so much from our first child and thoroughly enjoyed her company. Another child would increase the happiness and laughter factor by double and strengthen the bond. This conception just makes me feel somewhat different from the previous one, from morning sickness to the food I crave for, which are mainly meat/fried dishes. Also when the gynae said her guess was a girl, I immediately felt her guess was wrong. Weird huh?
However, I must mention that it's funny people would assume that woman who had delivered a boy and girl would likely not try for the third. We got the reaction from our gynae and she caught me off my guard as I haven't quite decided on whether the gender of my second is directly correlated to the decision of whether we would not be looking forward to the third child. All I could say was we'll take it one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment