Thursday, February 13, 2014

First day at pre-nursery

Waking up has been our greatest struggle for the kids and me. Preparing for school was a nightmare with Nathan wanting similar or more attention from me the level of difficulties increases exponentially!  The fact that I have been home for the past two weeks makes him fully reliant on me and he has mastered the art of "mummy manipulation". Tears and pity puppy eyed, who can resist the temptation? I definitely am not cut out to be a tiger mum.. loving but ferocious. Natalie ends up landing herself into trouble since she is the common trigger of the disagreement.. either it's " he can't touch my things!" *fist hit towards Nathan's chest* or "I don't want him or his things. . Its git his smell" * pushes him to the floor whilst he attempts a hug*. She gets reprimanded and apologises quickly.. This is the smart her working her way through adults' world of mutual respect and sorry saying without truly meaning it. I have threatened her with the cane but didnt use it since she is quick with her corrective actions. If it's popo she would have gotten a spanking already.. which I do agree its effective but just not my favourite style of discipline. 

Well this post was meant to log his first day at school but here I am drifting to other matters.

So first day was not without the tearing even with mummy and popo around but kids being highly adaptable the  second day becomes  easier and watching him mingle with the little children makes me wonder if how quickly he's growing up.  Yes I followed and hid behind just to make sure that  everything is ok. So I can't let go my mum says.. yes it's hard and I find it a struggle. I could imagine myself following and trailing them on field trips whenever I can. Sigh mummy is not good at letting go ya. And please forgive me if I continue to baby you even when you are into your teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment