Nathan: "Mummy why is it that didi can go to work with you everyday and I can't? Can he come out and I follow you in your stomach instead?"
He looked at me innocently and I could tell he really wished he could be the fortunate sibling who follows mummy everywhere everyday. This little boy of mine will kick up a big fuss every morning looking for me in the toilet and wanting me to lie down with him for the entire morning so that I won't go to work and he stays with me all day.
He will cry uncontrollably every morning when I bid him goodbye at the door wanting a zillion hugs and kisses before I could struggle from his reign and rush out of the house. Chris and Grandpa always had to play the bad guys who raises their voices at him in order to make him stop his crying and prepare for school. It gets more dramatic each day as I grow bigger in size and losses the ability to carry him for as long as he liked. Poor little boy. He just wants his mummy and circumstance had to force him to separate away from his favourite person each morning!
Sensible jie jie tried asking him why he liked to be scolded every morning and had to cry "Can't he learn to listen and understand the fact that mummy needs to go to work and the kids go to school." My little Natalie is not little any more! I was so impressed by her. . And yes we couldn't have said it any better. Hearing it from someone who had to go through the exact same predicament kind of helped him in his assessment of the situation but the end result is still not to his liking. As I still had to leave the house each morning. .. leaving him behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment