Friday, June 5, 2009

Mummy's Lullaby

Sayang...The following were the first few lullabies which I've sang when I first received you in my arms. Not surprising that it still has a calming effect on you whenever you cry.

Welcome to the Family
(My favourite hymn, learnt this in Primary One)

Welcome to the family
We're glad you've came to share your life with us
As we grow in love and may we always be to you
What god would have us
Be a family always there
To be strong and to lean on

May we learn to love each other more with each new day
May the words of love be on our lips in everything we say
May the spirit melt our hearts and teach us how to pray
that we might be
A true family

Repeat stanza 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlOc0_7FuMU

Somewhere Out There - written by James Horner, Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil
(Fell in love with this song when I first watched 'The American Tail' (1987) and it was one of the earliest songs whose lyrics I've not forgotten since)

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonigh
tSomewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

#And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

Repeat #

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

Cartoon version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRjb8sMjYu8

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg
(For those who can remember.. yes the kodak advert during the 80s really left a truly deep impression on me)

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Kinda like the Jason Castro ( American Idol ) version as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhepGj21Bw&feature=PlayList&p=3E042098B63878F1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

No comments:

Post a Comment