Sunday, February 13, 2011

All about the new addition

I have officially received a complain from Rachel Yee Yee: " Why no mention of the new addition?".

Been pregnant for more than 14 weeks now and tummy is getting more and more apparent. Colleagues from other departments have been subtly asking if I am expecting, not wanting to say that I am fat just in case....

I would like to assure Rach that baby seems ok . I think he/she is bound to be a survival in life. Having gone through the most unexpecting traumas or a series of unfortunate mishappenings during the first trimester.  Where you know, mum was diagnosed with Colon Cancer; new boss left to be a Chief HRO after 3 months of my joining the company; demanding new boss who has no idea about how things are run around here and demanding timelines through the Yr end peak. It's crazy having thought about how things managed to run on it's own despite some hiccups here and there. Anyway who don't commit errors? What's more some one who doesn't quite know the business inside out. The new team had couple of minor hurdles to cross and a part of it was contributed by the new boss' inexperience and unpreparedness at the committee meeting. Guess it's expected of us to fumble in the first year, as the committee has asked loads of histrorical questions where the boss didn't quite have an intelligent answer to reply. Anyway  that's passe. So let's be hopeful about the future since nothing could go any more wrong than it already was. We will all improve as we learn from this minor setback, but I must say the new boss suffered quite a blow to the ego and this places a lot of stress on me as she is asking a hundred and one questions like an auditor before attending any of such meetings.

If it's not for baby, I would have tried looking for greener pastures.

So bb has been my pillar of strength. Been through the worst phrase and I don't suppose there will be any other obstacles which we can't face together... in the next 6 months or so before maternity kicks in.. One good thing about this company is that we could serve notice whilst on leave. There are people who didn't even need to come in to work after tendering the resignation as they simply have too many leave to clear. This of course is not gardening leave. Resignees are allowed to go on holidy during their notice period. Wonderful huh?

So what's so different about this new addition?

I seem to have a liking for ginseng chicken soups. Loved the strong herby taste. Sometimes I would dream of having a nicely fried Kenturky drumstick ie no visible chicken fats in between. I love the taste of plain flour... you know the pita bread / nann kind of piping hot bread coming straight from the oven with extra sprinkles of flour on it.

I dislike the smell of fish, especially steamed fish with tomato. Simply hated the taste.  When Nat takes her beef porridge I can't be the one feeding her as smell of cooked beef gives me the eirks.

Haven't been putting on weight, but tummy is growing real fast. Barely 4 months and the bump is already visible. When I first visited Dr Watt I was 59kg, now I am 59.5kg. Not sure if it's the placenta that's ballooning up and making me look so bloated at the tummy or was it the baby who is really putting on weight. Anyway this pregnancy seems a little more manageable as I didnt quite had time to think about puking after the morning car ride since I am the one driving myself to work most times.

Talking about morning sickness there was this day where I thought I should grab a $2.50 Mac Breakfast and went via the drive through. After giving my orders and when I ended up at the payment counter, I vomitted right at the spot. The assistant immediately closed the window on me and ran away. After 2 minutes she came back and told me that she went off to get some serviettes. Weird that they don't have serviettes at the pick up counter and had to go all the way in to grab them... Chris said they probably found it way too disgusting that they immediately shut the window on me.. sigh what to do.. you just can;t control it. When it comes it comes.

Baby seems to love the taste of potatoes and white feta cheese salad. You could give me potato with little bit of mayo and I think I could have them every day of the week! Can't stand the taste of apples as daddy always prepares a bag of freshly cut apples for me to bring along to work. Used to like it alot but apples nowadays makes me feel acidic and I jsut can't stand  the smell of regurgitated apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment