Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Overly enthusiastic parent

The good thing about the JG program is that parents are allowed to accompany their young children during class. This helps ensure that the school uphold the teaching standards according to publicity materials. Who other than the eager parents would better understand the needs of their children? But I must say they could probably be your worst critics and judge.   So far the teachers are indeed professional and engaging. Parents are often the ones who enjoyed the lessons more so than their children, which explains the continual subscription.

However overzealous parents are such a distraction in class! This term Natalie's class has one such parent. It's to an extent that I almost wanted to turn and tell her to keep quiet. It happened during drama lesson and during story time. She just cannot shut her gap when it's time to listen. When teacher jovanna asked what grows from an apple seed? Guess who gave the answer? Yes the overzealous mummy! The teacher has yet finished reading from the page, she would continue to the next, not quietly but audibly to her child whom I'm not sure is able to follow the teacher? I found it so irritating that I turned my head over and stared at her, but that didn't stop her. I ended up turning my whole body away from her so Natalie could concentrate on the teacher instead. It seems that she is preventing other people from interacting with her child and her voice is the only heavenly sound that counts. I'm definitely going to raise this to the teacher if she does it again the next time... ... Fortunately for the rest of the lesson the daddy took over and that's the end of the nagging.    

No comments:

Post a Comment