Not sure what exactly is so interesting or attractive about Barney, but Barney is now Natalie's new found friend.
She would ask for permission to watch Barney CDs throughout the day and would even throw tantrums if it's not given to her. We note that her addiction is getting more severe each day and tried introducing her to other stuff animals but she just wants Barney. Even during outdoor actitivities, she would ask if she could watch Barney when she reaches home! She would cling on to those coin-operated Barney mobiles and hug each and every characters and not wanting to let go of them. We had to literally pull her away and let her cry a little before she would say 'bye-bye' to the familiar characters.
To be honest, we only had 1 Barney CD at home and she got hooked instantly. I sat and watched the entire series with her and I must say it's a lot of talking, some song and music but you know, not the sort that would appeal to babies with beautiful colours and quick motion pictures. Somehow she connected with Barney. Barney's name is one of the words which she pronouces real clearly with the right emphasis placed on the first syllabus 'Bar'-'ney'. She loves Baby Bath too! and would call her 'BB Bath'. I'm not sure what's the name of the yellow looking character, it hardly appeared in the series that she was watching. So she didnt quite manage to learn the name of that character.
To me, I don't think they are really adorable, seems a little clumsy most times. But Barney has got good catchy songs and Natalie's favourite tune seems to be the 'I love you' piece.




No comments:
Post a Comment