At 35 weeks, the baby now weighs about 2 kg. Doctor Watt mentioned that this may be the largest baby of the 3 if he is brought to full term. Natalie was 2.94 at 36 weeks and she said she could have been huge too if she hadn't come early. No wonder I felt like such a giant who had no place to hide and one who stomp into meetings with huffs and puffs though I tried hard to sneak in and not let my presence felt. It got worse at 3rd trimester as I put on about 18kg in total.
When i had Nathan i was big too and weight gained was more on me than on him. Although I was expecting a boy I was large all over, people could see me waddling from afar. What's more I hurt my pelvic as I suffered a slip and the pain kind of permeates since early days of my third pregnancy.
This pregnancy I have put on about 10kg todate. Average women would have put on between 11kg and 13.6kg and at this stage the weight gain would have hit its peak. Even the belly button has got bigger and mine has popped outward since early days... serves as the doorbell between dad and the kiddos.
Majority of the weight seems to be in the tummy. Not sure if it's because of the fact that I am having a son.. The shape of the bump is alot more sharper and people told me that they couldn't tell that I was pregnant from the back.
Natanael is quite an active baby who loves to do somersaults in my tummy. His elbows tends to protrude from my stomach when he stretches and squirms about. He has a higher tendency to get hiccups. .. not sure why the frequency is more frequent than the other 2.. was it due to the invasive tests?
From the exterior, i could tell that the my belly stretches thinner and thinner each day. As I am kinda fair.. The vessels are quite obvious in the area surrounding the bump. Bodily pain around pelvic and especially the pubic bone aches really badly whenever I shift or change my posture... Particularly when I am lying down the pressure is unbearable and each morning I had to slowly crawl out of bed. Shifting from left to right is such a daunting task. Sometimes I feel so crushed by baby but as the rest of the kids are sleeping on my left I simply don't have any room to move. Lest getting up. Chris has to help support me out of bed every morning. Without him as the crutch I think I will continue to lie there for at least half an hour and never get to work on time.
I am starting to feel breathless and heart burn / indigestion feels like the norm now that the top of my uterus is up under the ribs. I can't walk as fast now and each step comes with great agony. Doc Watt asked if I felt contraction already...Sometimes I can't quite make out the difference between pain and contractions from braxton hicks. It just feels like your body is cramping and holding everything in together. Doc checked the cervix length and confirmed that I have another few weeks to go. Hopefully, kiddo won't come during cny so I can at least catch up with my beauty sleep.
Well i am still undecided on his chinese name yet. Will need more time to think.... ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment