Saturday, February 28, 2015

Brave Natalie

Felt like I am the most negligent mummy in the world today.  Natalie was running through my cosmetic kit and I have totally forgotten about the danger of the brow shaper. I got distracted by Nathan who needed to use the toilet and the curious little girl went through my things and decided to remove the cover of the blade. This made a relative deep cut on the side of her pinky. 

The brave little soul did not cry. .. she meekly asked for help. And first thing she told me was "Dont worry mummy it's only a little pain.  I just need to wash away the blood. " My heart sank when i saw the wound! Her palm was filled with blood!  I placed her hand under water.  I got Chris to bring the iodine.  It stinged her. But she did not cry . In fact she said, "don't panic mummy. .. It's a bit pain but I am alright.  Just breathe. .." I was so impressed with her calmness.  She saw the fear in me and tried to take charge of the situation. 

Nathan too acted bravely and reminded himself not to play with sharp objects.  He kissed her jie jie and told her to rest well in order for the pain to go away. 

I am so grateful to Jehovah for the 2 wonderful and supportive little ones that he had blessed us with.  The negligent mummy would rather that she be hurt than to watch either of them suffer from sickness or pain. ^sob sob^

No comments:

Post a Comment