Thursday, February 26, 2015

37 weeks

At 37 weeks and I could tell that the bump had shifted much lower today.  Baby seems less aggressive in terms of his movements, probably due to the lack of space.  I am worried about the umbilical cord getting around his neck...gynae said no use worrying about such things.  I have to focus on nesting and complete my work before delivery. 

I have one last Remuneration Committee paper on long term incentive share plans to draft before I can kick back and relax. Trying to delay this till next week since daddy is away in Jarkarta and i really don't want anyone else other than him to be in the delivery Ward.  Have asked my mum to be the back up just in case.. but she being a kan cheong spider kept asking me for driving directions and painted scenarios of how the taxis are hard to call at her area or worse if she is outside and how they may take her for a spin and ended up late at the hospital.  I think if I am the driver and given directions by her who is a nondriver..I may go mad with her instructions.  So yeah the chat turned into a mini argument but well she is now equipped with the hospital address and my ic no.  She may get there at around the same time as me ... I hope.  Farni thing is like all elderly folks she is more concerned about making sure that the baby don't end up in the wrong hands and play the role of a Guardian than cheerleader who will rara me on as I huff and puff over each contraction.  And yes I didn't even attempt to broach the subject on photo taking and how to use the SLR camera or the camera phone.  Guess everything has to be placed aside if baby decides to come when daddy is not around. .. keeping fingers crossed that I do not have to cross this Bridge anytime soon.

Yes so i will continue to keep the last paper aside until Chris gets home. .. Wouldn't want Natalie's scenario to repeat.... Since she came at 36 weeks on the first day of my annual leave where we were planned a short drive to Legends resort at JB for couple of nights stay as a solitude pair before the arrival of the baby. I even saw the gynae the day before to seek assurance since it was my first delivery.  Well things didn't end up as planned and we ended up taking the drive to the hospital instead. Glad that we were not stuck in JB or at the customs when my contractions happened. Doctor said baby could sense the body relaxing and wanted to come out and play.  Either way, natalie was the first baby who had to make her eat back her words despite her years of experience as a senior consultant. So yes we kinda left a deep impression and with Nathan doc took the Conservative mode.  Advised maternity leave at 38 weeks. Well again he didnt come till 41 weeks and 3 days... and had to be induced as a result!  Again... we have every right to " remove her 招牌"- exact words said by the gynae.

Third baby with Doctor Watt and she gave me 5 days of mc following the long cny holidays for bad pelvic pain- symphysis pubis dysfunction as I had experience acute pain at pubic area due to weight and pressure on gap between the pelvic bones. Didnt even have to see her physically for it .. called up the clinic in the morning and asked if my helper could  pick up the mc on behalf and tada! I got the extra 5 days of extended  PH! What a great bonus! The additional respite necessary to rush out the over due stack of piled up research and preparation for baby's arrival. It also gave me time to catch up with my 2 lovely children and not forgetting my Korean drama too!


Estimated weight of baby this week- 2.6kg

No comments:

Post a Comment