Natalie has been asking me to bring her to school every morning. To fulfill her wish, I've signed her up with modern Montessori playroom and today was her first day at school.
Unlike her usual weekend classes, which is parent accompanied, this kindergarten requires her to enter class independently. We've explained the format and she understood that mummy and daddy won't be accompanying her in class and she said,"ok mama, I will be brave and go to school myself." I was really impressed at how she craved to attend school to the extend the shy little girl was able present a brave front.
On the day itself, She Tried vey hard not to cry! But simply could not withhold her tears! Fortunately there were some older children who befriended and helped with her orientation. She seems happier, but her limited courage at such tender age faltered again at instances where she felt uncertain about herself and wanted that reassuring hand holding from mummy.
Overall I thought she did really well for the youngest in her class! She fed the class pet ie a turtle, participated in the tasks, and sat attentively when the teacher was reading a book. I am so proud of her!










No comments:
Post a Comment