Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tantrums

Natalie hasn't really been herself since last week. She has been mimicking Nathan and his cries whenever she can't get her way. She would wail long and loud, not wanting to tell us what's wrong or what she wants. It's starting to frustrate me and I have a tendency to ignore such behaviours until she learn to stop the crying on her own. However, she could be just as adamant as I am and refuse to stop until I gave in to her. Now I've been using tv a lot to chide and console, sometimes its the iPad or iPhone as she wants to surf on utube for her Barney downloads. Restriction just invites further retaliation and I cant stand her wailing.

Gong gong said she may be bored at home and she may be wanting some alone time with mummy where she could get full attention with zero distraction from Nathan. So I heeded his advice and brought her out yesterday. She was super happy. Came home listening to most things that mummy says. But I
Can't be bringing her out everyday. Gong gong asked me to create a schedule so she knows what to do next, hopefully this works too!

Here's Natalie enjoying a hazelnut cake all on her own!




















Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment